Monday, February 25, 2013

Anniversary Blog! & Say WHAT?

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do."

~ Eleanor Roosevelt ~
(1884-1962)

My question: Which "thing I think I cannot do" should I start with?

So, today marks one month since the inception of this blog. And... it's possible I should give myself some credit. (I'm sure I'd hear about it if I didn't...)

I was terrified to start this though. Not only was I afraid of people seeing me, I was afraid of seeing myself. fail. again. And I was really afraid of what would happen next. That last statement includes what would happen if something really were to come of this! Win! Win! Fear... Ick...

But, when I look back to these few posts... I do recognize the strength AND courage AND confidence I have gained in such a short time. Each post has catapulted me through to the next post. And, I feel an excitement when I'm writing them! The fear is still great big and really ugly AND I bulldoze my way through it.

Someone once told me to "imagine what it would look like to use all that negative energy (anger, shame, and fear) for good". Well, if that's what I'm warming up to...
Everybody... WATCH OUT!
Because that is where over 30 years of energy has been building!

And, if you've ever met "The Hulk" you know what I'm talking about! Can I hear an Amen? AMEN! I thought so...

Well, huh. What's next? I did start Tweeting again... I'm @faveoxymoron . This is pretty exciting for me too. I'll tell you why another time...

Later!

Your Favorite Oxymoron,
Leslie

2 comments:

  1. "I do recognize the strength AND courage AND confidence I have gained..."

    It's like someone highjacked my sister and started this blog! This makes my heart so glad. Praise God for the work He has been doing in your life. He promised you so many things and they will be accomplished. Now that I think about it, MY SISTER was the one hijacked long ago... Now YOU are back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. karen leamons meyerMarch 5, 2013 at 7:48 AM

    it is very courageous for you to start something new and share yourself so honestly. Be proud of yourself, we are all proud of you!

    ReplyDelete