Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Tearin' it up...

Been arting up a storm lately. Actually, its pretty much the only thing i do besides work and physical therapy for what feels like a loooong time now (*and still doing "regular" therapy every other week-ish).

In early August, somewhere between work and street walking (hahahaha jk! although i did call it something like that once... you know how i get with words... oh dear the looks i get from people.)
oh yeah -> So, between my job and my trash/litter/road hazard-picking habit SOMETHING in my left leg BROKE! I woke up one morning and the little pull/tug i'd felt the previous days had swelled up my whole dang leg! I couldn't bend my knee and the pain was excruciating.

Turns out I had partially torn the medial head of my gastrocnemius. (It's name comes from the shape... the bulging calf muscle looks like a stomach. Ha!)  I got a lovely knee high bootie (hehe) to lug around until further notice. Rest was prescribed.

Now, it's not like I normally do much of anything.  I'd kind of re-hermit-ized after my dad died.  Cocooned by grief... asleep... a part of me hibernating while I kept trying to move forward through my daily life.  But, lots of time at home with restricted movement... Alone with restricted movement?  That's not necessarily where I thrive.  After a long day lugging the orthopedic boot around though...  I was sooo exhausted i had no choice!

Eventually the pain lessened, and I wasn't completely wiped out after clocking out.  So, off to physical therapy I go.  And, thats where things started to move in me again.

Moving right along...
Your favorite Oxymoron,
Les

**to see pictures of some works-in-progress... https://instagram.com/p/BqOlDAknMRM/

No comments:

Post a Comment